Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Lettuce abundance

Well, here we are at the beginning of 2021. Having much to be grateful for and to look forward to the New year. Let us all look forward to a more abundant year.

I took stock of the progress of all my plants.  The weather has been on the mild side lately so I decided to move my plants from my basement into my greenhouse in order to get them out in the sun. They were looking a little anemic so I figured it was time for them to get some good old fashioned sun under protection of the greenhouse. I moved 10 of the most mature plants in order to minimize the shock to them. After watering them down, I left them to soak in the rays.
Here is a picture of one rack of my lettuce and spinach plants. I can see a few salads in my near future which is very exiciting.
Thumb of 2020-12-31/grdnguru/23f691
Additionally, I will have Giant Ceasar lettuce to add to the cuttings from the above lettuces as seen below.
Thumb of 2020-12-31/grdnguru/c92652
I also have seedlings that are coming along in the greenhouse that are just starting to put on mature leaves. The container on the left has Iceberg, Bibb and Giant Ceasar. The planter to the right has 8 spinach plants. These were all planted at the same time and seem to be progressing well.
Thumb of 2020-12-31/grdnguru/c6b9ce
So, everything is moving along. The days are starting to get longer as we'll see our first 12 hour sun day before the end of January. There is much to do and time is approaching for the first planting of seeds for the early Spring crops. I have a long list of tasks that need to be addressed before I can put any plants in the garden. It's going to be a very busy beginning of the new year.
I will be writing about these endeavors as I tackle them so please keep visiting my blog. So, lets move forward in this new year everyone and Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please share it!