Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Snow!!!!

 
.  
This is our snow from yesterday.  To some of you, this does not look like a big deal.  However, I live in Maryland.  And, around here, this is a crippling storm for the day.  It was nice to see since it was the first snowfall over an inch in 716 days.  Our snow drought is now officially over.  

The plants in the greenhouse weathered the colder temps quite well.  I watered them down before the storm system arrived so that probably helped.  And, I have a soft plastic greenhouse off to the side where I have been testing it for use over the winter.  I planted a cover crop later in the year and just have let it take its course. I peeked inside today and the cover crop is doing just fine.  

That means I can use it to grow root and spring crops if it maintains this pace.  I am quite impressed.  I'd love to hear how your gardening is coming long and what you are doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please share it!