Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2016

Rain!

We've had a dry spell of late.  So much so that my rain barrels were becoming perilously close to being effectively empty.  But this afternoon, it has decided to rain and has been for the last 4 hours.  And, it has been a soaking rain.  I actually went out and checked my barrels and one is now full. Meaning, it has delivered 50 gallons in those 4 hours.  The forecast is for this to continue on and off until tomorrow mid day. Although it has ruined some 4th of July festivities, I still welcome it.
My garden needed this rain and I was at the point of turning on the sprinklers.  With this, I won't have to water until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest. And when I do, I can use the rainwater and not municipal water.  Always a good thing.   Rainbarrels are such an important part of my gardening routine that I wouldn't know how to act using a sprinkler.  There are just so many advantages to using rainwater. So, I am hoping for more rain to replenish my barrels.  And as usual, mother nature is a much better waterer than I am.  Happy Gardening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please share it!