Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2016

Garden growth

So far, I am pretty pleased the state of my gardens' progress.  The tomatoes are coming along fine even though they were delayed in being transplanted due to our wet Spring weather.  Here is a picture of them at this time.                                                                                                                        
               
They are full of little tomatoes so at this time, I have to be sure to continue to supply them with periodic nutrients and water.  I plan on giving the garden a dose of compost tea this weekend to start them on their way to maturity.
Here is my first watermelon of the year on the left and a volunteer tomato that decided behind my garage was a great place to reside on the right.  I just put a pole by it to see what I am getting.  I love surprises!

And finally, my cascading crop of cucumbers after a month.  They have taken over the trellis!
                                                                 












Like I said, all in all, not bad progress for this time of the year.  Well, I hope everyone is having a great year so far too!  Remember to be vigilant as there are a lot of distractions this time of the year.  Until next time, Happy gardening everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please share it!