Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

And the hits keep coming!

Just spent the evening partaking of a very good meal tonight.  My lovely wife made stuff peppers that were fresh from the garden.  She also made me a mix of the mortgage lifter tomato and one of the 9 cucumbers I have picked in the last two days.  They were very good with a dressing of balsamic vinegarette dressing.  Oh, how lovely they tasted while we sat and began to relax for the evening. Well, some of us did.
I went out and watered down the cucumbers so I could pick them tomorrow morning before heading to work and I also picked two Better Boy tomatoes and another scad of cherry tomatoes.  They have been very prolific this year.  I also watered down my watermelon plant.  I will have to get a picture of it so you can see it too.   Along with those, I watered the canteloupes which I have about 6 in various stages of growth.
After that was completed, I ran a bunch of tomatoes over to my in-laws as they really do like them. See, I believe you should share with others as the bounty comes in.  I haven't met too many people who have ever turned down any of the vegetables I have offered.  And this year has been a great year and I expect it will continue right into the fall.  That is, if I stay vigilant about tending to the garden. The hardest thing, as I wrote previously, is to maintain the drive to bring the garden to fruition.
On a side note, I threw some mammoth sunflower seeds into a spot where my wife could see them from the house as she has asked me to grow them.  After about a month or so, they are now over 8 feet tall and, from what I can tell, are getting ready to set flower.  I guess they meant it when they named these Mammoths!  I will get pictures of them when they come into bloom.  It was a nice side activity which was a diversion from the veggie garden routine.
Well, that's all for now.  Been a busy day and there is more to do before I put a wrap on the day.  I hope your garden is giving you great harvests too!  Till next time, happy gardening everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please share it!