Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sunday, Sunday

Here's hoping all the Mothers had a very Happy Mother's Day. I sit here looking out into my backyard.  It is sunny and warm while my garden buddy Barkley is running amok with his youthful exuberance.  It has been quite the eventful week as our son graduated (Yeah!) from college yesterday. Both his mom and I are very proud parents.  So, I have a bunch of things to get caught up on as the garden was on minimal maintenance this week.  All the plants are still alive so there was no harm done by my absence.
And that is a very big lesson right there.  Regardless of how much we may think we have control and can affect the outcome of our gardens, the truth is that we are just stewards of the garden and not the master.  There are just so many other variables that go into a garden season that one has to be grateful for the harvest you do get each year.  I don't believe we should take credit for the output from our garden as I believe God has so much more influence.  We can only help the plants along the way.
I have a ton to do as I need to get my peppers and tomatoes planted along with starting the cucumbers.  Much to do very little time to spare.  It is unseasonably warm for this time of year which is having a negative effect on my lettuce that I planted.  Most, but not all lettuce likes it cool.  So far, because the hydroponic system gets the early morning sun and is shaded from the afternoon sun, the lettuce seems to be growing albeit at a slower than normal rate.  I can only hope that we will get back to the 70's which will help with that immensely.
So, for this week, the theme will be plant, plant and plant some more.  Here's hoping your garden is coming along well.  till next time, happy gardening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please share it!